Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Beer Review Wednesday!

Starting today I will be doing a beer review every Wednesday (catchy name, right?). I am by NO MEANS an expert beer reviewer. I love beer and I want to expand my knowledge and push myself to taste some new variations. I found an article on BeerAdvocate.com about reviewing beer, so I've kinda formatted my reviews from that. I will review the beer based on five categories: Appearance, Smell, Taste, Mouthfeel and Overall.

So here we go with the first review. I absolutely LOVE Abita. So this will be only the first of the many great Abita beers I will review.


Abita Brewing Company, Louisianna - Jockamo IPA

Appearance: Beautiful amber color and very clear. Nice head.

Smell: Hops and a sweet citrus aroma.

Taste: Gapefruit is the first thing I think of when I take my first sip. Slightly sweet with a bitter after taste.

Mouthfeel: Good carbonation, very smooth and light.

Overall: I'm a fan of IPA's in general but this one is one of my favorite. It's very refreshing and smooth. Perfect for a hot summer day. I would love to try it on draught.

Serving type:  Bottle

I bought this beer at the BP in Five Points in Huntsville (great beer selection for a gas station) but you can go to Abita.com to find Abita beer near you.

For all my girls out there, let me know when you give this beer a try. I'd love to hear some of your opinions.


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment