Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Beer Review Wednesday ~ Dirty Blonde Ale

I've been totally MIA on my beer reviews because I honestly haven't found any amazing or spectacular beers lately that I haven't already reviewed. BUT I know not every review is supposed to be FANTASTIC so here's one that I wasn't over the moon for. Of course I picked this because of the label :)


Atwater Block Brewery, Michigan - Dirty Blonde Ale
Serving type:  Bottle poured into a pint glass.

Appearance: Orangey, amber color. Clear with small head.

Smell: A slight citrus smell, doesn't have much of an aroma.

Taste: Label suggests orange peel and coriander? I did detect some orange/citrus but not sure about the coriander. It was a little watery to me?

Mouthfeel: Fair carbonation, light to medium body.

Overall: Very easy to drink but I was underwhelmed. I would like to say this would be a good beer to drink on a hot summer day but you can just as easily reach for a Bud Light Lime if that's the case. This beer just screamed average. Nothing too exciting.

I bought my Dirty Blonde Ale at Stone River Total Beverages in Murfreesboro, TN. To find a Dirty Blonde Ale in your area, visit http://www.atwaterbeer.com/beer-finder/

Have a great Wednesday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment