Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 3

Day 3 without power. We are hearing that we should have power by Monday or Tuesday. Even though I might not have power I am incredibly thankful that I have my life and my home is not damaged.

I work in Athens, AL and the city is one of the only areas with power. It seems like an oasis in North Alabama. The traffic is crazy and the lines at the gas stations are up to a 3 hour wait. Yesterday I drove down University Blvd, one of the busiest streets in Huntsville, and it was empty. So eerie.

I've been to 2 damaged areas close to Athens; Tanner and the Hwy 72 and Mooresville Rd area. The picture I've posted is from Hwy 72. I will post more pictures when I get power. I've never seen anything like this before.

Also want to say THANK YOU to all the volunteers and emergency workers. Please donate to the Red Cross if you can. These communities need your help.

Thanks,
Bianca
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment