Saturday, April 2, 2011

Laissez Le Bon Temps Roule!

Well, the bachelorette party was a huge success. Even though we had some snags with our hotel (it was gross) we still managed to have a great time.



The Bachelorette Survival bags were a big success as I expected. They were filled with all sorts of goodies {ESSENTIAL} to surviving a weekend in New Orleans (too bad I didn't include a how to deal with ignorant hotel staff...but I digress). 

I think the 2 stars of the weekend were the flower rings and the koozies. I found this video tutorial on MarthaStewart.com to make the adorable rings made out of pipe cleaners. They were really easy to make and once I got past the first one, I made the rest while I was watching TV. We all got a ton of compliments on Bourbon St and I actually gave one of the bathroom attendants in Razoos a quick tutorial with the ring I was wearing. {Thanks Martha!}

The koozies I ordered from an AWESOME company called Artwear Screen Printing Co. You can customize your koozies on their website and the minimum is only 12! INSANITY! The koozies are made of NEOPRENE and not that crappy foam you get from most places. Total class acts at this company and FANTASTIC customer service. {I swear they didn't pay me to say that}

We threw the Bride-to-Be a Lingerie Shower in one of our hotel rooms Saturday evening before dinner. It was so much fun and she got a lot of things to make her man say "Ooh, La, La".

The Bride-to-Be also received a very beautiful and classy bachelorette sash from the ah-mazing Etsy shop Spark + Stitch.  Clearly a more glamorous alternative than some of the things we saw that weekend. {You are welcome}. Please check out this shop. I beg you. There were entirely too many ugly veils and sashes out there!



We hit up Pat O'Briens, a landmark in the French Quarter, both nights. The beautiful fountain that sits in the middle of the lush, tropical courtyard is probably one of my favorite things in the French Quarter. There were many Hurricanes consumed but most of us made it out alive. {BTW, there's a $3 deposit on the hurricane glasses, so if a guy buys you a drink you can turn a profit...hehehe}



As long as I can remember going to New Orleans, we have always gone to Pat O'Brien's to get our picture taken, so of course we had to get our picture snapped both nights. Great place that NEVER disappoints.

Saturday there was a random parade that we ran across in the French Quarter. {SO COOL} Such a beautiful city so full of history!




So I guess it's safe to say that we all had a great time in New Orleans. Can't wait to visit again, but definitely NOT staying at the St Louis Hotel on Bienville. They call it a "Boutique" Hotel but it's gross, old and falling apart. The pictures on the website look great but that is NOT what the REAL hotel looks like. OK, I feel better...

Have a great weekend,

1 comment:

  1. you are so awesome!! I am glad to hear about the koozies not being the crappy ones! lol

    ReplyDelete