Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Beer Review Wednesday ~ Prima Pils


I know. I have been a total slacker on my beer reviews. So I went to my favorite beer store, Stone River Total Beverages, and grabbed some beers that were on my wish list.


I thought that I was a huge fan of Pilsners but the more I taste them the less I like them. I think my main problem is that the Pilsners I always expect are German Pilsners, ones actually imported from Germany. That's what I'm used to and it's a standard that the few "domestic" Pilsners I've tried are not living up to. So with that being said this might be my last 'domestic" Pilsner review. I'm open to suggestions if anyone thinks there's one out there that comes close!



Victory Brewing Company, Pennsylvania - Prima Pils
Serving type:  Bottle poured into an  ALABAMA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS pint glass.
Appearance: Light gold/straw color. Clear with medium head. Pretty decent head for a Pils.
Smell: A slight sweet lemon smell with a hint of hops. This Pils has more of an aroma than others I've tried.

Taste: Light, crisp with a slight malt flavor and a bit of lemon. 

Mouthfeel: Great carbonation, light body with a dry finish.

Overall: Easy to drink and a pretty good Pilsner This is probably the best out of all the 'domestic" Pilsners I have tried. 
I bought my Stoudt's Pils at Stone River Total Beverages in Murfreesboro, TN.  You can visit the Victory website to find a Prima Pils in your neck of the woods.

Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment