Tuesday, February 14, 2012

{Valentine's Day Sweets}

So my BF doesn't like chocolate or really anything too sweet (I know, he's a weirdo). Since I {LOVE} to bake, I end up either giving away my treats or eating everything (not good for the hips). This year I decided to ask him what I could bake him for Valentine's day and he said carrot cake! CARROT CAKE! I've never made carrot cake but I always think of the super rich cream cheese frosting. So I did a little research on the internet and I came up with a fantastic cake that's not too sweet but super delicious.

I am one of those people that likes to take a recipe and put my own twist on it but not too much because I am a rule follower. I found a great cake recipe from the mother of all things delicious (Paula Deen) and the frosting recipe from a random search on the internet. The frosting in my opinion totally makes this cake. It comes from Divas Can Cook. AMAZING frosting!

So here's some really bad pictures of my cake. By the way I never said I was a cake decorator.



Here's the links to the two great recipes. Please try it, you won't be disappointed!

Paula Deen's Carrot Cake recipe
Light Cream Cheese Frosting from Divas Can Cook

Happy Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment