Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Would you like a little bacon with your vodka?

So if you've visited this blog even once you know that I have a love of all things bacon. I've had my eye out for this bacon flavored vodka someone brought to my attention about a year ago. It's called Bakon Vodka (original, I know). I searched all over Alabama but it was no where to be found so when I first moved to Tennessee, I saw this in my local liquor store and I immediately scooped it up!


The vodka came with a brochure that had some really interesting recipes. You can also go to their website and check out a couple there. The first thing I did was open that puppy up and smell it. It has a slight bacon smell but it's not overwhelming. Next I experimented with a couple of recipes.

The first one I tried was the Bakon Mary. This is apparently the most popular recipe since it doesn't sound so gross.
Bakon Mary
It's just your average Bloody Mary recipes with Bakon vodka. Simple. I'm not a fan of Bloody Mary's so I made everyone else try it and they said it was pretty good but they couldn't taste any bacon flavor.

Next I tried the Bakon Flip. The ingredients are Bakon vodka, 1 whole egg, maple syrup and Irish Creme.

Bakon Flip
It's a simple recipe and my favorite. It tastes just like egg nog and again you can't taste the bacon at all. Which makes me kind of sad since that's what I bought it for.

Lastly, I made the Waffle Shot. This one is the easiest. Equal parts Bakon Vodka and Pinnacle Whipped Vodka. For those of you who haven't heard of Whipped vodka it is delicious! It tastes just like whipped cream. YUM!
Waffle Shot
I'm not a huge shot person so I decided to add some milk to it and I made a drink I like to call the Waffle Milkshake.
Waffle Milkshake
So the final verdict is that it's a good vodka but unless you are shooting it straight you can not taste the bacon at all. So that's either a pro or a con for some of you. I think it's a nice hostess gift and definitely a great conversation starter!

Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment