Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Jewelry Tree

So I've seen these fancy jewelry displays on the internet and magazines so I thought I would try to make my own.




Supplies:

a glass vase from TJ Maxx $5
2 bags of glass stones @ $3 per bag
High gloss enamel spray paint from home depot $3.74
Little birdie from Michael's $1.99
Branch from outside FREE


I spray painted the branch a white high gloss enamel. I think it looks better in high gloss. I did about 3 coats.




I love a good bargain at TJ Maxx. You could probably find a vase as cheap as $2 depending on the size.








I used a mix of clear, blue and white glass marbles but i think river rock would look great too.








I layered the colors of the marbles but all tossed together would look just as nice.


Final touch was the little birdie. So cute!





I think I will try to make another one that has thicker and shorter branches to put on my dresser. This one was a little too big but not a bad first try.



No comments:

Post a Comment