Monday, February 21, 2011

Abita S.O.S.

I am in love. In love with Abita Save Our Shores (SOS). Abita makes some great beers. I love Jockamo IPA, Abita Amber and Strawberry Harvest Lager just to name a few but I am in total adoration of SOS.



It is an unfiltered Weizen Pils made with Pilsner and Wheat malts. On the label they call is a "Charitable Pilsner" because for every bottle sold Abita will donate $.75 to the "rescue and restoration of the environment, industry and individuals fighting to survive this disastrous oil spill."

This beer comes in a .750 mL bottle (about the size of a wine bottle). So because Alabama has this ridiculous law where you can't sell over 16 oz in the state I have to get my boyfriend to bring me some beer from Tennessee.

This past weekend I spent some time in Fairhope, AL and we found a bar that has SOS on tap. I was so excited I could barely stand it!





Definitely give this beer a try. It is worth the hunt to find it in your area.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment