Friday, July 29, 2011

Shower for Baby Keaton


A couple of months ago I helped plan a baby shower for my dear friend Samantha. I absolutely LOVE planning parties so I was over the moon to help out with this one.

The first part of the planning process, for me at least, is selecting the invitations. I believe they set the tone for the party and also help with tying colors/theme together. For this party I used Em & N Designs again (they also did the killer invites for Jackie's Bachelorette Party) and I was not disappointed. We decided on a yellow and gray damask theme 1. because Sam is crazy about Damask and 2. because they weren't 100% sure if they were having a boy or a girl (Keaton was very shy at his first ultrasound). The custom invitations and wishing tree cards turned out AMAZING!


My friend Linda from Linda Lou Photography in Ft Walton Beach took all these fabulous pictures for the shower. I aimed high and decided to make a photo booth backdrop. This was pretty easy but I decided to make it hard by finding custom fabric instead of a sheet. In my opinion it turned out better but it was a tight squeeze in the picture with more than 2 people. My insanely awesome boyfriend made the fabulous chalk board speech bubbles and they were the hit of the party. I also added a little fun with the mustache and lip props.





The awesome "Baby Mama" and "Baby Daddy" props were done by my fabulous graphic designer friend Jill. {TO DIE FOR!}

Hello Keaton? Are you in there?
The food was fantastic! Suzy and Cindy really did all the work on this part and everything turned out so great.

Overall this was a great party! So good to have everyone in the same state, if only for the weekend.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. It was the most wonderful shower and I cannot thank you enough for such a darling party! You are the BESTEST "B"! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Привет! Мне бы хотелось открыть салон парикмахерскую. У кого-то из читательниц есть опыт в этом? Очень большой выбор оборудования для салонов красоты. Кто может помочь советом? Какой магазин лучше выбрать для то чтобы купить Препараты для электропорации и это Гель для миостимулятора. Я выбираю среди этих магазинов Spashop.com.ua, Venko.com.ua, Newfacebeauty.pl, Ukrmedgarant.com.ua.

    ReplyDelete