Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Beer Review Wednesday ~ Laughing Skull

Another Wednesday, another beer to review! This is another beer from the South but I picked this one mainly for the label. As I told you before, I love creative names and labels and this beer had both. The bottle cap says "BEER FROM AROUND HERE". {LOVE IT} My boyfriend has tried the Red Brick Brown Ale from Red Brick Brewing Company and he really enjoyed it so I thought I would give the Laughing Skull Amber Ale a try.

I promise to expand outside of my comfort zone in the next couple of reviews. I'm working on locating some tasty beverages in the coming weeks.



Red Brick Brewing Company, Georgia - Laughing Skull Amber Ale

Serving type:  Bottle poured into a pint glass.

Appearance: Pours a light amber color, clear with very little head.

Smell:  The smell isn't very prominent, a faint smell of fruit maybe?

Taste: The first word that comes to mind is boring. It has a malty flavor with a bitter after taste and honestly that's all the taste it has.

Mouthfeel: Light carbonation, light to medium body.

Overall: Yawn. If I had a choice between this and Coors Light, I'd choose Laughing Skull but I'd have to think about it for a second. {note: I don't like Coors Light}. I'm sorely disappointed in this beer but it will not keep me from trying what else Red Brick Brewing Company has to offer.

I bought my Laughing Skull at Hammerknockers package store in Athens. Their website doesn't have a beer locator so if you're searching for this one you can probably e-mail them. http://www.redbrickbrewing.com/

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment